Tofu recipes: tofu is one of the most popular foods in the vegan diet and is also very versatile in the kitchen. It can be fried, grilled, in the oven but tofu gives its best when cooked as a base for various preparations: as a condiment for both first courses and second courses. In this regard, let's see in detail some recipes based on tofu. You can find it in organic food stores but it can also be prepared at home. For further information | how to make tofu at home
Tofu recipes, stuffed tofu
- Wash and cut a couple of courgettes into double slices
- Peel a pepper and cut it into strips
- Pour the vegetables into a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil and sauté for about 15/20 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon
- Meanwhile, blend some previously cooked chickpeas with a spoonful of buckwheat cereal
- Take the tofu and cut the classic square dough into two triangles, thus creating a sort of sandwich inside which we will put some vegetables previously sautéed in a pan
- As soon as the vegetables are cooked, pour them into a bowl and add the chickpea cream then mix everything
Stuff the tofu with this freshly prepared mixture then pass it in a pan with a drizzle of oil, letting it brown on both sides
Tofu recipes, tofu in oil
- Take a stick of tofu and let it blanch in boiling water for about three minutes then let it dry and cool.
- Cut the dried tomatoes into small pieces then pour them into a bowl
- Add a handful of chives, rosemary, sage, basil leaves, mint, marjoram, savory, thyme, oregano and finally a pinch of salt.
- Cut the dough into small pieces, pour it into the bowl and mix everything, adding 1 glass of extra virgin olive oil:
- Cover the bowl with a plate and leave to flavor for about two hours.
If you intend to make large quantities of it to be consumed over time, you can store the mixture in airtight sterilized jars, making sure that the oil covers the mixture perfectly.
They keep for about six months. Once the jar has been opened, it is preferable to consume the product within a week.