The holidays are now over but we still have a lot of panettone to dispose of in the pantry! Throwing them away would be a real shame, the only alternative is to find a way to recycle them. Fortunately, there are many ways to recover the leftover panettone. In this regard we will show you some recipes to taste the panettone even if no longer fragrant.
Panettone advanced, the recipes
- At breakfast; to be soaked in milk instead of biscuits.
- Cut the panettone into rather thin slices
- Place the slices on the preheated oven tray and toast them
- Cook for about 10 minutes at 90 degrees, making sure to turn them after 5 minutes
- As a semifreddo
- Cut the panettone into slices of even thickness
- Toast in the oven
- Then cut into two or three pieces depending on the size
- Accompany the slices with scoops of cream or vanilla ice cream
- As a snack with an aperitif
- Clean some salted anchovies, wash them and soak them in a little cold milk for at least half an hour so that the salt goes away
- Cut the panettone into slices and toast in the oven
- Wash and clean a red pepper, also removing the ribs inside and the seeds and then cut it into small pieces
- Sauté the pepper slices in a pan with garlic and extra virgin olive oil, stirring with a wooden spoon
- Remove the anchovies from the milk, dry them well then cut them into small pieces
- Put the peppers and the anchovies in a bowl then mix
- Put the mixture on the toasted slices and sprinkle these sweet and sour bruschetta with finely chopped rosemary
- As a cake after a meal
- Wash 2 large apples then peel and cut them into slices
- Cut 300 grams of panettone into small pieces, remove the crust and wet them in a glass with rum
- Boil a liter of milk with the zest of a lemon then add 100 grams of sugar, 1 sachet of vanilla and 4 eggs
- Mix all the ingredients well with a wooden spoon until a creamy mixture is obtained
- Grease and flour a cake mold
- Put the mixture inside the pan
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Read also: Other ideas for recycling panettone.