Not everyone knows that there are several natural remedies that are effective in the treatment and prevention of pharyngitis. We are talking about alternative remedies to conventional medicines which in the long run can cause side effects on the body.
Let's see in detail chow to treat pharyngitis with products easily available at home.
Remedies to cure pharyngitis, foods yes
To combat this type of inflammation it is good to follow an alkaline diet, based on:
- Fresh and seasonal fruit
- Cooked vegetables
- Whole grains
- Raw and unsalted dried fruit
- Garlic and onion
In addition to a balanced diet, it is advisable to drink an infusion based on lemon, honey and ginger throughout the day.
Remedies to cure pharyngitis, foods do not
All those foods that tend to have an acidifying action should be avoided:
- Meat, especially the red one
- Milk and derivatives
- White sugar
- Refined flours
Grandma's remedy: there is a popular belief that recommends the use of onion. In an early stage of throat irritation, when the pains begin, grandmothers recommend placing a raw cut onion on the bedside table and leaving it there overnight.
Remedies for the treatment of pharyngitis, the recipes
Solarized water is a surprising ancient remedy that is very effective in the case of pharyngitis. Get a blue glass carafe or bottle. After filling it with water, put it in an outdoor place, where the sun shines directly, for at least a couple of hours. You have thus obtained an effective solution against pharyngitis: to be taken during the day outside of meals.
- Two linen cloths
- A woolen cloth
- Flax seed
- Red mustard seeds
- Grind one third of flax seeds then two thirds of red mustard seeds
- Once this is done, pour them into a bowl, add a little hot water and mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained
- Spread the dough on the linen cloth in two areas, so that when you place it on the neck they will correspond to the two sides
- Once arranged, cover the neck with the other two canvases, first the linen one and then the wool one
- Let it act for a few minutes then remove the bands and rinse the neck with warm water
Stretching of the tongue
A curious exercise in reflexology that allows you to quickly combat inflammation in the throat consists of grasping the tongue with a clean cloth and pulling it slightly outwards, moving it slightly in all directions. Just do it for a few seconds and repeat the exercise two or three times. Even if it feels a little unusual while doing it, you will notice benefits once the exercise is finished.